Thursday, December 23, 2004

Laptop Giving You Hot Pants?

Laptop Giving You Hot Pants?

As a guy who uses a laptop a lot, I was a little worried about the report that came out of SUNY Stony Brook claiming that the heat from a laptop can reduce fertility in men. I first learned about the study in an article from Time Magazine, "Too Darn Hot!"

We don't expect to have any more children, but I still hate to think that I might be simmering the stew for too long. I'm sure other men (especially younger ones) are equally concerned.

So it was timely that this news item appeared yesterday:

New Gadget Prevents Laptop-Induced Infertility in Men; X-Files Actor Invents Patented Solution

What adds an interesting angle to this story is that the inventor of the new Chill Pak is geek icon Dean Haglund, who played Langly, one of the Lone Gunman trio on the X-Files TV show.

As far as I can tell, the product is really not much more than a big flat freezer-pack. But if it cools the codpiece, it has my blessing!

AB -- 12/23/04


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home